Bisibella Bhaat Recipe by Best Wedding Caterer in Chennai
Sar v Sri the best caterers in Chennai, offers one of its service by sharing this delicious mouth watering vegetarian recipe “Bisibella Bhaat”. Bisibella Bhaat is a famous vegetarian dish, a traditional spicy rice dish from Karnataka is quite addictive – served piping hot topped with lots of ghee and accompanied by fried papads and a cool raita, it is almost impossible to say no to this One Dish Meal
Check out for many more wholesome, quick and easy dish to prepare by the best caterer in Chennai, we usually serve these dish’s in occasion like wedding, reception, dinner, BBQ, birthday parties, office, corporate/home functions and other indoor, outdoor events. As a caterer in Chennai, we have over 100 years of experience in this field, service we do at birthday parties, office, reception & wedding, are our specialization.
The ingredients and procedure to prepare this famous vegetarian dish by the best wedding caterer in Chennai are listed below.
Name: Bisibella Bhaat Recipe by Best Caterer in Chennai
Serves: 2 – 3 pax
- 100 gms rice
- 100 gms toovar dhal
- 10 gms tamarind
- 25 gms jaggery
- 25 gms dhania whole
- 37.5 gms chana dhall
- 5 pcs red chillies long
- 1/2 tsp methi
- 4 pcs laung
- 2.5 gms cinnamon sticks
- 25 gms fresly grated coconut
- 3-4 pcs of gundu molagai
- Asafoetida (Hing)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala (MDH)
- Oil and Ghee
- Onions (Preferably Small Onions)
- Grated Coconut
- Murungakkai Approx
- Soak tamarind and keep aside after straining.
- Boil the vegetables above and keep aside.
- In a little oil, Roast in low heat the chana dhall & followed by dhania whole followed by methi seeds & finally long red chillies (kashmiri chillies). Once the mixture appears to be well roasted remove & cool. After it cools, blend it with water to a thick fine paste. Adding freshly grated coconut in small qty in the blender enhances the flavor. Keep aside.
- Boil the rice and strain. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil and burst the mustard seeds. Add gundu molaga and roast the onions. Now add asafotida to taste. To this add tamarind water & bring to boil.
- Add a bit of turmeric powder, red chilli powder & dhania powder & bring it boil again.
- Now add the sambar masala (3) & bring to boil. Simmer for 5-10 mins on low flame. Add rice (4) & vegetables (2) and stir the mixture to ensure that there are no rice lumps.
- Allow this to simmer for 10 mins till the bisibella bhaat thickens.
- Garnish with Ghee, Freshly Grated Coconut & cilantro leaves & serve with potato chips or applam
- Add a teaspoon of garam masala (MDH) just before removing from the pan.This enhances the taste & flavor of the bisibella bhaat.
Hope you enjoy making and eating this gourmet dish! Bisibella Bhaat is loved especially by Brahmins and is requested to be served in many vegetarian weddings, office & reception events. Not only this, we have several other vegetarian recipes and menus that will be posted from our buffet list. We even do cuisines like North Indian, South Indian, Brahmin Cuisine, Chinese or Continental – the best vegetarian wedding & reception planner in Chennai is at your service.
Keep an eye on this blog section from the leading wedding, corporate events, and home, office, reception & birthday events best catering service provider of Chennai to get the latest in food. The service provided by Sar v Sri for events like marriage, reception, office, birthday parties etc will make you looking for us in further events
We your favourite caterer at your service, certainly enjoyed writing them for you!