Upma Recipe by Best North/South Indian Wedding catering service provider in Chennai
Sar v Sri the best North / South Indian vegetarian reception, wedding, home, & outdoor catering service provider in Chennai offers its assistance by sharing this delicious mouth watering vegetarian recipe “Upma”. This dish is a traditional south indian breakfast dish prepared from rava. Rava is also called as suji in hindi and cream of wheat in english. upma is usually served with some coconut chutney or lime pickle.
One easily gets upma in all the restaurants in south india including. In fact upma would be a regular breakfast or evening snack in my growing up days. upma is not only delicious and a healthy breakfast option. This version of south indian upma is how we make it at during most of vegetarian wedding, reception, dinner, BBQ, birthday parties, office, corporate / home functions and other indoor / outdoor events.
Since this is our original recipe and we Sar v Sri – North / South Indian vegetarian outdoor wedding catering service provider of Chennai (best in reception, wedding, home & other outdoor events). Making upma does not take much time and can be done with in 15-20 minutes, if you have the roasted semolina ready. Sar v Sri the best North / South Indian vegetarian wedding & reception planner in Chennai is at your service
Do read the step by step methods for perfect results. As mentioned in the above list of North / South Indian vegetarian catering service we provide in Chennai (we are best in birthday parties, office, reception, wedding & other outdoor events)
Name: Upma Recipe by Best North / South Indian Vegetarian Catering Service Provider in Chennai
- 1 Small Cup Upma Rava
- 4 cups of water
- Kariveppalai (approximation – 4-5 leaves)
- Gundu Moligai (Approximation)
- Green Chillies (Approximation)
- Salt, Hing, Rai
- Kothmir for garnish
- Boil the water in a pan and once it comes to boil, add the kariveppalai leaves.
- In another pan, add some oil. Once the oil is hot add rai, till it crackles.
- Now add the green chillies, ginger and gundu moilgai.
- Add uprna rava and stir for a few seconds till it mixes well. It should not change color.
- Now remove the kariveppalai leaves from boiling water, and add it to the upma rava stirring continuously to prevent lump formation.
- As soon as the boiling water is add to the pan, add salt and hing.
- Add ghee and allow to simmer by closing the pan with a lid (Most Important) for a few minutes
- Garnish with Kothmir.Serve hot with chutney and molga Pudi.
Hope you will definitely make this gourmet dish in home even better than before! There are many kinds of rava available in the market, but the most commonly used rava for to make this south Indian upma is bombay rava. It is called as semolina, suji or sooji. As a result of doing this vegetarian home, reception & other outdoor catering service for over 100 years, experience we gained in this field is incomparable with the other catering service provider in Chennai.
These dish is usually served in south Indian cuisines, but we are famous is other cuisines to like North Indian, Bhramin cuisines, Chinese or continental cuisines. Check out this blog for more delicious recipes from the leading wedding, corporate events, home, office, reception & birthday event best catering service provider of Chennai.
We your favourite, best caterer in Chennai certainly enjoyed writing them for you!