Channa Masala Recipe by Best Wedding Catering Service Provider in Chennai
Today’s blog is about a famous North Indian dish “Channa Masala”, this vegetarian dish is loved by most of the people. This dish has its own flavor and taste depend on how we make. Preparation for this dish has many methods but what we are about to share is praise worthy recipe from out buffet list, follow the recipe offered by Sar v Sri the best vegetarian wedding catering service provider in Chennai (best in birthday parties, office, reception & wedding events).
Channa Masala a delicious vegetarian Chana curry from North Indian cuisine is popular in all over India. A spicy and appetizing curry is usually prepared from white chickpeas (Kabuli Chana), tomatoes, onion and basic Indian spices and best enjoyed with bhatura (deep fried puffed Indian bread) as an evening snack or dinner. In this recipe, Channa are boiled with tea powder to get dark appearence and fresh chhole masala powder is prepared to get a restaurant style flavor. Learn how to make this delicious curry at your home with easy step by step recipe from your favorite catering service provider in Chennai.
It is almost impossible to say no to this appetizing dish :). This vegetarian dish is delivered by our best catering team during wedding, reception, dinner, BBQ, birthday parties, office, corporate/home functions, other indoor/outdoor events not only in Chennai but also all over India.
Please follow the procedure given below to make this vegetarian finger licking dish! Compared to other catering service provider in Chennai, we have over 100 years experience in catering events like wedding, reception, office and birthday parties etc..
Name: Channa Masala Recipe by Best Vegetarian Wedding Catering Service Provider in Chennai
Serves: 3-4 pax
- 200 gms channa
- 200 gms onions
- 200 gms tomatoes
- Ginger (to taste)
- Illaichi to taste
- Laung (to taste)
- Tej patta (1 small piece)
- Cinnamon sticks (1 small piece)
- Green chillies (approx)
- MDH channa masala
- Soak the channa over night and boil It with a tea bag in a pressure cooker and keep aside. Discard the tea bag and retain the water for use during cooking.
- Blend the tomatoes to make a smoothe paste in a mixie and keep aside.
- Blend the onions to make a smoothe paste in a mixie and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Once hot add jeera and once that crakcles – add green chillies, ginger, illaichi, laung, tej patta and cinnamon sticks. Roast well till you get a strong effervescence.
- Add the onion paste to the pan and roast till the mixture changes colour (becomes brown)
- Add the tomato puree to the pan and stir continuously till the oil separates on top. Use the water from the boiled channa to increase the consistency in the pan as and when required.
- Add red chilli powder, haldi and hing and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the boiled channa to the pan.
- Add the channa masala and allow it to simmer on a low flame stirring occasionally for a couple of minutes. Semi mash the channa in the pan.This would improve the consistency of the gravy. Garnish with ghee and kothmir.
- Serve hot with rotis.
The above dish can be served in various events like office, wedding, reception and birthday parties. We are not going to stop with this so keep an eye on this blog section of the leading wedding, corporate events, home, office, reception & birthday event best catering service provider of Chennai to get the latest in food. Hope you enjoy making and eating this appetizing & gourmet dish!
Often we do cuisine like North Indian & South Indian but as per customer requirement we even do Brahmin Cuisine, Chinese or Continental – the best vegetarian wedding & reception planner in Chennai is at your service. The feedback we usually get form events like wedding, reception, office, birthday parties etc.. That “Sar v Sri one of the best catering service providers we have ever seen” which made them looking for us in further events
We your favourite caterer certainly enjoyed writing them for you!