South Indian Pepper Rasam Recipe by Best Wedding catering service provider in Chennai
Sar v Sri, the incomparable best vegetarian wedding catering service provider in Chennai (best in birthday parties, office, reception & wedding events) brings to you the recipe of “South Indian Pepper Rasam “. Pepper Rasam is very popular vegetarian dish in South India. It is a kind of hot and spicy south Indian style soup which is not only good for digestion but also works as best home remedy for sore throat and cold during winter months. It tastes great with hot steamed rice and a tsp of ghee. It is prepared with cumin seeds, pepper and garlic. This dish is offered by our best catering team during wedding, reception, dinner, BBQ, birthday parties, office, corporate & home functions and other indoor and outdoor events.
Be it North Indian, South Indian, Brahmin Cuisine, Chinese or Continental – the best vegetarian wedding planner is at your service. As catering service providers in Chennai we have over 100 years experience in this field. Below is a list of ingredients and methods to make this vegetarian dish! This dish is commonly served in south Indian weddings and reception events.
Name: “Pepper Rasam” Recipe by Best catering service provider in Chennai
Serves: 4 pax
For the rasam powder:
- Pepper whole: 2 tablespoon
- Jeera: 2 tablespoon
- Dhania whole: 1 tablespoon
- Methi: 2-3 grains
- Kashmiri Chilli (long) : 2 nos
- Tomatoes : 2 Nos (slices finely)
- Tamrind water : Approximation
- Toovar daal : 1/2 cup boiled
- Asfoetida (Hing)
- Mustard seeds (Rai)
- Gundu Moligai
- Green chillies
- Drum stick : 2 small
- Coriander leaves (for garnish)
- Boil the drum stick and keep aside
- To make the rasam powder
- Dry roast pepper whole, jeera, dhania whole and methi seeds on low flame.
- Once there is a strong effervescence and ingredients are roasted (the color would begin to change)
- Add the 2 kashmiri chili and allow to roast.
- Allow the mixture to cool and grind coarsely in a mixie
- Add oil in a pan and add green chilies, mustard seeds, kariveppalai, hing and gundu moligai.
- Add tamarind water (approximation), stirring continuously and allow to boil.
- Add the boiled drumstick to pan.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and allow to boil, Stirring continuously.
- Add the rasam masala and allow to boil well, stirring continuously.
- Add the boiled toovar daal to the pan and boil well, stirring continuously.
- Garnish well with coriander. Serve hot with rice
We believe you enjoy making and eating this healthy & gourmet dish! The pepper rasam can be served as very good finisher in events like birthday parties, reception, office events etc. Intently we have several other vegetarian recipes and menus being posted from out buffet list. Make sure to check on this blog to get the latest in food from the leading wedding, corporate, home & birthday events best catering service provider of Chennai.
We pledge that the service provided by Sar v Sri for events like wedding occasion, wedlock reception, office parties, birthday celebration etc will make you searching for us in furthermore events
We your favorite caterer in Chennai certainly enjoyed writing them for you