Hummus Recipe by Best North/South Indian Wedding catering service provider in Chennai
What is going to be today’s recipe? well it is a famous vegetarian dish or to be more specific, it is a famous food dip recipe by Sar v Sri the best North / South Indian vegetarian home, wedding, reception & other outdoor event catering service provider in Chennai offer this delicious mouth watering vegetarian recipe “Hummus“. Hummus is a chickpea-based dip, its simplicity means the popularity of this dish spreads far beyond its home of the Middle East.
Hummus is proof that some of the delicious things in life are the simplest to make. It can be prepared with just six – eight ingredients . With just a few secrets, you really can make creamy smooth hummus at home, we even use this delicious food dip in most of the North / South Indian events like wedding, reception, dinner, BBQ, birthday parties, office, corporate / home functions and other indoor / outdoor events. It was one of many that all our guest highly enjoyed
First, let us mention that this hummus recipe from our best vegetarian catering team uses tahini. In the hummus-loving world, there are two kind. Some love tahini added, others could really go without it. We Sar v Sri – North / South Indian vegetarian outdoor wedding catering service provider in Chennai (best in reception, wedding, home & other outdoor events) do it both ways, but to make the best hummus just follow this recipe includes tahini. If you don’t want to add tahini, simple leave it out A hummus without tahini is also still quite delicious.
So, what’s the secret? which challenges other branded hummus. It’s very simple. It’s nothing special but just the order in which you add ingredients to your food processor. Seriously “it’s that it” the secret, just try and see the difference for your self and leave a comment on the Sar v Sri – North / South Indian vegetarian outdoor wedding catering service provider in Chennai (best in reception, wedding, home & other outdoor events) facebook page so it may help other’s too. If you are looking for more recipes then do check chocolate mouses, bisebella bhaat, paneer pasanda & moong dal seera etc…This vegetarian dish comes under Chinese or Continental cuisines but we add it in South Indian, Brahmin Cuisine and even in North Indian cuisines if our customer are interested for North / South Indian reception, home and other outdoor events in Chennai.
Follow the instructions and notes carefully for perfect results. As mentioned in the above list of North / South Indian catering service we provide in Chennai (we are the best in birthday parties, office, reception, wedding & other outdoor events)
Name: Hummus Recipe by Best North / South Indian Vegetarian Catering Service Provider in Chennai
Serves: 3 – 4 pax
- 1 1/2 cups (250 grams)soaked and boiled kabuli channa
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini paste (recipe to make at home below)
- 2 tablespoons (30 rill) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon ground jeera powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- Dash of red chilli powder, for serving
- 1 cup (140 grams) sesame seeds
- 3 to 4 tablespoons oil
- Salt, to taste
- Add sesame seeds to a wide pan over medium-low heat, stirring regularly until the seeds become fragrant and very lightly colored (not brown) for 3 to 5 min.
- Transfer to a large plate and cool completely.
- Add sesame seeds to mixie and blend till it forms a crumbly paste, about 1 minute.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the oil then blend for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- The paste should be smooth. If not add a tablespoon of oil and blend it for an additional rnin.
- Add salt to tahini paste as required and mix well. The paste is now ready.
- Ito mixie / blender add tahini paste and lemon juice and blend for 1 minute. This helps make the hummus creamy and smoothe.
- Add olive oil, jeera powder, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the blender with tahini paste and lemon juice.
- Blend aggain for 30 seconds (or until well bleded) – scraping the sides and bottom of the mixie from time to time.
- Add half of the chickpeas to the contents of the mixie & blend for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the mixie and add remaining chickpeas and process until thick & smooth (1 to 2 minutes).
- Mostly the hummus will be thick or still have a small bits of chickpea. To fix this, slowly add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water (with the mixie turned on) and blend until you reach the desired consistency. Add salt as per taste.
- Drizzle olive oil and chilli powder over hummus and serve with pita chips
Keep an eye on this blog for more delicious recipes from the leading wedding, home, reception & other outdoor event best catering service provider of Chennai. It’s ideal for vegetarians who wish to dunk in a crisp crudité. As a result of doing this vegetarian home, reception & other outdoor catering service for over 100 years, we are glad to say that Sar v Sri one of the best wedding, home, reception & other outdoor events catering service provider in Chennai.
You might also come across hummus mixed with red pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, and even caramelised-onion hummus in some places but honestly try this recipe from our best North / South Indian buffet list once, no way you gonna dismiss from mind. We Sar v Sri the best vegetarian North / South Indian wedding & reception planner in Chennai is at your service. Hope you will definitely make & eating this gourmet dish in home.
We your favourite catering service provider in Chennai certainly enjoyed writing them for you!