Curd Rice Recipe by Best North/South Indian Wedding catering service provider in Chennai
What we are going to see today is one of most common yet still most lovable dish by South Indian people. It is the Curd Rice, this dish served at the end, as a flavorful and soothing finish to a traditional spread from Sar v Sri – North / South Indian vegetarian wedding catering service provider in Chennai (best in reception, wedding, home & other outdoor events). At the same time, it is also a comforting one-dish meal that is satiating and refreshing, with its cool flavor.
Many people consider Curd Rice to be the best dish to carry to school, work or travel. Easy to make, this nourishing dish is made by mixing rice with curds and tempering it with mustard and green chillies. Allow the rice to cool little bit before adding the curds, to avoid the curds from splitting. This dish is offered during most of vegetarian wedding, reception, dinner, BBQ, birthday parties, office, corporate / home functions and other indoor / outdoor events.
Plain curd rice can be had with Lemon Pickle or Mango Pickle. Curd rice is the ultimate comfort food and if it’s Brahmin-style curd rice or any other style for that mater, it’s the food that all our clients crave the most when during the occasion like reception, wedding, home & other outdoor events from, Sar v Sri – North / South Indian vegetarian reception, wedding, home & other outdoor events catering service provider in Chennai is at your service.
Curd rice is one of the greatest example of the few ingredients coming together to create a quick, refreshing, and a comforting meal. While most of the south Indian don’t insist on ending every lunch with some curd rice, a good plate of rightly spiced and salted curd rice really makes every one a happy person. It’s also a great meal in case your stomach has not been well or the weather is very hot. This delicious dish is offered by Sar v Sri – North / South Indian vegetarian reception, wedding, home & other outdoor events catering service provider in Chennai’s best catering team.
This recipe of curd rice is very simple and quick to make. Here is the procedure how to make this most loved dish from our buffet list! As mentioned in the above list of North / South Indian vegetarian catering service we provide in Chennai (we are best in reception, wedding, home & other outdoor events) the most important is our 100 years of experience in this field.
Name: Curd Rice Recipe by Best North / South Indian Vegetarian Catering Service Provider in Chennai
- 2 1/2 cups fresh Milk
- 2 TSP of Fresh Curd (Dahl)
- 3 cups of Almost cooked rice (chawal)
- 2 TSP oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp urad dal (split black lentils)
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 TSP finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp of Finely chopped Ginger
- 2 TSP finely chopped coriander (dhania) salt to taste
- Combine the rice and milk in pan allow the rice to fully cook in the milk and mash lightly. Allow the mixture to cool to room tempreture. Add the curds and salt, mix well and keep aside for a few of hours at room tempreture. (Addition of fresh cream enhances the flavour of the curd rice.)
- Heat the oil in a small broad non-stick pan add mustard seeds and urad dal and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add green chillies, ginger and curry leaves and saute in a small flame for 30 seconds. Add the tempting to the prepared curd-rice mixture and mix well.
- Add few coriander and mix well. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 1 hour and serve chilled.
Hope you enjoy making and eating this gourmet dish! We have been making curd rice this way for quite a while. Normally for lunch we Sar v Sri – North / South Indian vegetarian wedding catering service provider in Chennai (best in reception, wedding, home & other outdoor events) make this dish during all our occasions.
Check out this blog for more delicious recipes from the leading wedding, corporate events, home, office, reception & other outdoor events best catering service provider of Chennai. In South India the curd rice is also known as “thayir sadam“. Thayir means curd and sadam is rice. This dish is best fit in South Indian Cuisines but here at Sar v Sri North / South Indian home & other outdoor catering service provider in Chennai, we even do North Indian, Brahmin Cuisine & Chinese or Continental cuisines.
We your favourite vegetarian caterer, certainly enjoyed writing them for you!